Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If You Can't Beat Them, Enjoy Them...

Every Friday Jackson's teacher sends home the week's work, and I go through it to see what goes in the trash and what gets put in the treasured keep box. I found this paper, was disgusted and ready to throw it away. I thought, "I don't want to remember this years from now." Then I realized that I am now the mother of 3 boys. I can't rewrite their history or pretend they are always charming little gentlemen. I have to appreciate them for who they are, how God made them to be "wild at heart." I'm not saying I'm going to completely let them be the hooligans they want to be. I am still going to try to teach them nice manners and other skills that my future daughters-in-law (I'll have 3, heaven help me I'm bound to but heads with one of them!) will thank me for later. But I've decided (thus the title) I need to embrace the messy-potty mouth-stunt pulling- dirt collecting treasure that they are!

So, what wonderful piece came out of his folder that inspired the revulsion turned revelation?

I found a white piece of paper covered with a collection of words written in the precious first grade spelling, and I quote, "eye balls, fire ants, dog throwe up, diyareea."

There you have it ladies and gentlemen a list of what makes a 7 year old boy, ok let's face it' boys and men of all ages, giggle!

Oh well, when asked Jackson said they were told to write the grossest recipe they could think of. I think considering that he did a really good job. See, he's not disgusting, he's gifted :)

1 comment:

Sonja said...

good chuckle. I'll be waiting on this first grade piece of homework next year!