Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Twin Angel Squad...

You've heard people say their gaurdian angel was looking out for them. Well, I 've decided God assigns an entire legion of angels to watch over twins. Believe me, it's needed. For example, the fact that I heard Wesley make a strange sound over the other 3 kids playing and laughing and me running around trying to pick up. He was choking on Easter grass. Which, let me use this platform for a minute to say: Easter grass is evil! They talk about bunnies reproducing, but I think Easter grass has them beat. It's everywhere, and Easter has been over for how many weeks? The upside of this story is that I used this scary episode to talk Jon into buying a Roomba (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE, LOVE my Roomba?). There's still grass even now with Roomba working her (I haven't thought about it but I guess it should probably be a girl for 2 reasons, #1- it cleans and #2 I shouldn't have this strong of feelings about a man besides my husband!) little batteries to the bone, and she has to drive herself to the chrager twice a day. Yes, she drives her SELF to the charger when she needs it, stand back and be amazed! That's another reason it is obviously a girl, she takes care of business without being told to.

Then there's yesterday when I swear one of said angels tapped me on the shoulder to alert me that Wesley was about my laptop charger (the other end of which was plugged in) into his mouth. I don't know how much that would have hurt but don't imagine it would've been good, and I know. You see, when Ashton was his age she stuck a phone cord in her mouth and started screaming. Now I thought, "It's a phone cord why would that hurt?" See folks, it's confirmed now, Jon is definately the technological person in our house. So, in one of my proudest parenting moments, I stuck it to my tongue. Here's a fun fact my oh-so-smart husband shared with me when I called him with Ashton and I crying hysterically: phone cords have quite a strong current of electricity in them (I forget the amps, again not the techno-savy one). Anyway, (there's a story I'll regret sharing later) I would imagine a charger would have hurt even more, but I wouldn't try to find out this timh!

Easter grass and computer cord aside, my scariest moment happened yesterday. THose of you who know me will be shocked that I didn't even take pictures despite the fact I had the camera in my hand- I know shocking isn't it! That shows you how terrified I was at this event.

The boys were playing on the floor after a photo shoot gone bad (funny pics later). Ashton was coloring so Will crawled over and stole marker. Then Wesley grabbed the same marker and pulled the top off of it. I just sat there unable to act as my future passed before my eyes. You're wondering, "What's the big deal? It was one marker." Look deeper, look deeper, then pity me. You see, it wasn't the top coming off the marker, it was how they worked together! Will was unable to get the top off by himself, but Wesley reached over and pulled one end while Will pulled the other. At 8 months old, they were able to work together to do something they weren't supposed to do. All I could see as I sat there were all the naughty things that a single child couldn't accomplish them being able to do because they had an ACCOMPLICE! Can't reach those cleaning products on the top shelf? You get on your knees, and I'll stand on your back. Can't catch that other kid? I'll hold him down, and you bite him. Can't get that plug protector out? You pull one side, and I'll pry the other. Can't get to that ball on the other side of the street? I'll run one way to distract that Mommy lady, and you run out in the street.

Now, do you see my fear? I pray there are legions of angels and just wish there were legions of me! I guess this post has to end now because, probably to illustrate my point further, while I was typing this Wesley has found and is trying to eat Jackson's metal bat. Meanwhile, Will has crawled up under the swings and found the Roomba at her charger and tunred it on. She is going around in circles trying to figure out how to get past him, and he's trying his best to stick his hand in her way! Wow, wow...

No comments: