Monday, July 16, 2007

How Hard Could It Be...

How hard could it be to show a woman who hasn't been out of the house for 2 months a good time on a date night? Just ask Mr. "Are You Sure The Seat Belt Will Still Fit Around You?" as he helped me in the car to start our date night. In his defense, he gets it honest as his dad offered him some chains to strap me in (yes, Pop, I know what you said but let it slide since you are my taxi service everywhere!)!

Shogun was the highlight of the night bc/ I haven't been in a restaraunt for 2 months and it is my favorite! I got the front and center seat and think the fire tanned the twins! The upside was when the chef found out I was having twins I got extra servings!

Strike #2 for Jon was he didn't get me his salad. Mr. Picky usually won't eat the ginger dressing which is one of my favorite foods in the world and lets me eat his. He didn't even offer his poor pregnant wife her favorite;(

Strike #3 Next, we went to Toys R' Us to get Ashton's gift where Jon talked on the phone and wouldn't get off. From then on it was downhill as we fought the rest of the night! Of course, by the rest of the night I mean until I crashed on the couch at 9:30 exhausted! When we woke up the next morning, we both thought it funny that we had our first fight in months on our first (and probably last) date for a while!

Then I got a bad cold this weekend, but am determined that nothing will stop my day of freedom bc/ today I am off bedrest, and it is my sweet girl's 4th b-day, and we are going to live it up, no matter what!

I hope to post pics tonight of our fun-filled day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on that man of yours! He must have earned back some points today being the pool entertainment... I hope to see pictures of Jon the great flipping man.... And of course the Birthday girl!

Anonymous said...

Has this day really arrived? I can't believe it! I celebrated for you by drinking lots of fruit tea and eating lots of sweets. We missed you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Men...can't live with em...blah, blah, blah. Sounds like someone owes you a day at the spa!

Heather