Tuesday, July 3, 2007

You Think Paris Hilton Was Happy to Get Out...

The doctor told me today I can get off bed rest at 35 weeks which falls the day after Ashton's b-day, but as a reward for me being SO good for 8 weeks (but mostly bc/ I've missed out on so much with my kids), I'm taking myself off of bed rest on her b-day, Monday the 16th. 12 days to go!!! 1 more Monday, 1 more Tuesday, 2 more everything! I'm not to the point that it's after my milk expires (Ashley:), but I'm getting there.

My cervix was the smallest it's ever been at 8, but they don't even care now. The doctor said she wouldn't worry if I delivered tomorrow that I'm in the safe zone now! Unfortunately, Baby A's heart was skipping a beat again, but it was a little better. The doctor said she wasn't at all concerned about it, and his arrithmia wouldn't affect delivery, and they wouldn't rush him off afterwards.

I have been so self-centered and getting excited that I might be off bed rest in 2 weeks that I didn't turn around what that meant- I could have babies in 2 weeks! Did you see the plural ending, not 1 but 2 babies! How in the world did I get here?-Yes Jon, I know, "Please Jon can't we have just 1 more?" etc, etc!

Remember how shocked we were (Jon didn't speak for 2 hours) when Ashton was a girl? Well, you can expect us to both be like that for months bc/ we have no idea what 2 will be like! We're getting smart though. Tonight we were trying to convince Jackson and Ashton how fun it will be to have races and see who can change a diaper faster. They can each have their own baby!!!

So, my mom, Bobby and Tyler have started betting on when we will have them. That sounds fun, so I want you all to leave a comment on my blog with your predictions of when they will be born and how big they will each be. It's really easy to leave a comment, just mark anonymous. It won't come up immediately as I have to approve them 1st (bc/ someone left one in Spanish and I didn't know if it was nice or not!). Maybe there will be a prize like, you get to take the first overnight shift or change the first diaper- just kidding!

Facts: Due date: August 21st Off bedrest: July 16th
3 weeks ago Baby A: 3lb. 3 oz and Baby B 3lb 2oz.

My prediction: I'll have to be induced at 38 weeks, August 7th after all I've been thru!
I guess: July 31st Baby A: 5lb 10 oz and Baby B:5lb 7oz.

Jon's prediction: July 21st Baby A:6lb 4 oz and Baby B:6lb. 2oz

11 comments:

Sonja said...

July 24 (my anniversary....you can drop off your gift on the way to the hospital). Baby A: 5 lbs 2oz, Baby B: 5 lbs exactly.

Ashley said...

July 14th is a nice date for me ;) but I know that is too early. I predict July 22nd and baby A is 6.5 and baby B is 6.9 You see baby A has been burning more energy with his brother sitting on top of him ( thus his heart beat... it is hard always lending brother a hand) And baby b has been taking in all the nutrition while brother is helping him out.

Anonymous said...

I predict July 28th. I think baby A will be 5.8 lbs and baby B will be 5.4 lbs. I am so happy for ALL of you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

July 28, definitely, because this is the day I leave for the beach, so I will miss having those diaper races. Darn it!
Baby A 5 lbs. 8 oz.
Baby B 5 lbs. 13 oz.

Anonymous said...

If you get off of bed rest, who will you be wearing? Could it be Versache or Calvin Clien? I'm thinking Target.

Anonymous said...

You will have the babies July 22nd
5lb 3 oz
5lb 1 oz

but I would like for you to have them on August 1st -My Birthday. Let's shoot for that....

Ashley said...

Come on Jon... that would be Tar-jay... don't you know???

Hey the 25th is my anniversary... that would be good for me too.

( tomorrow is Brent's birthday... BUT DON"T YOU DARE!!!)

Anonymous said...

I say July 23. Baby A is 6lb 1oz and Baby B close behind at 5lb 15oz.

Keep up the good work!
Heather

Anonymous said...

I am going for July 21st, that's a busy day for you. Of course, I definitely think they will wait until after Ashton's party...thoughtful boys! Baby A will be 6.9 and Baby B is going to be 6.7. I have no method for figuring it out...strictly a guess!! Keep up your good resting!!! We can't wait to be so close to y'all!!

Anonymous said...

I think July 29th... My anniversary and I will be back from the beach by then... I definately don't want to miss Jon's face sitting there with his 4 children all around.. I know that he will be speechless!! Baby b: 6 lbs and a: 5 lbs 5 oz
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Well, I see a couple of people have chosen July 22nd, our anniversary. (Man! Lots of people got married in July! I thought June was the big month for weddings!) However, I believe they'll come sooner - July 19 - I know, I know, before Ashton's b-day, but that's my guess. I figure once you're off your bedrest it will only be a matter of hours before the babies make their appearances. They'll realize that there is much more to life than lounging on a blue sofa...that life is full of amazing sounds and ups and downs!Prediction: Baby A 5 lbs. 9 oz. and Baby B 5 lbs. 12 oz.