Friday, July 20, 2007

Lovin' Housework??????

I know all of you mommies are going to snort at this post, but it has to be said! It is amazing the things I now appreciate after being freed from bedrest, and I NEVER thought I'd (of all people) would say this... Today I GOT to do housework. I never realized what a privilage it is to be able to care for my family! This morning I have already cooked breakfast for my kids, washed dishes, and cleaned the kitchen and enjoyed every minute of it! I know we get so sick of doing these kinds of things, but as I endured my 2 months of not being able to care for my family's needs, it occured to me that at least mine was temporary. There are moms out there who must permanantly rely on others to do for them always. That must be so hard! Not that I don't think I'll be hating housework again soon (maybe by this afternoon even) or that I don't remember how it is thankless and endless, but for a brief moment thank God that you're able to do the thankless jobs! Ok, if that is asking too much then you could always tell your hubbies that you need to conduct an experiment in order to appreciate your duties, so you'll have to take 2 months off!!! Now there's a plan!

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that though I have enjoyed what I could do, the best part of the day has to be the fact that Jackson and Ashton have decided to do the laundry today! They are on their 3rd load and doing a great job! I'm trying to encourage this as much as possible so maybe it will become a permanent gig?!!!! If you are jealous I'll let you in on my secret: go to Sam's and get the mega Cheer that sits sideways with a spout. They are doing all the work just to get to be the one who squeezes the Cheer from the spout! Hey, whatever works!

Haven't I been an avid blogger lately? It's a lot easier now that I actually get to do things worth blogging about. I hear a lot of yelling from the laundry room so I'd better go intervene before their new passion is ruined!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think I'll just live vicariously through you loving housework.

Glad to hear your appointment went so well. Have a very busy day!!!
Heather