Friday, August 17, 2007

Alive and skinny!

OK so maybe I'm not skinny by the world's standards, but I can see my toes, I can climb the stairs in less than 2 minutes, I can bend over and pick things up, I can lay on the couch to snuggle my big kids, and I can almost fit back in my non-maternity clothes. I weighed at the dr's office Monday and had lost 20 pounds in six days! Oh well, I know you don't want to read about me any more!

Sorry it has taken me over a week to post. Jon worked really hard on a video using pics all from the day they were born only to find ut it was too big to post or e-mail! I still don't have a way to do pics on my laptop so I haven't wanted to blog bc/ it's not as much fun to tell you how perfect my boys are without the pics to show off! Today I decided to post anyway and make Jon hook the internet up to my pic computer this weekend.

So, I'm sure all of you have heard about our miraculous birth. I got to the hospital to be induced Wed. at 6:30. I started getting pitocin around 9:00 but was already at a 4. They also did an ultrasound to make sure both were head down and apparently sitting up all night worked bc/ they were! Then I got my epidural at 10 and was barely a five. I thought I'd get some rest but it wasn't to be. At 10:30 I told her I felt like I needed to push. She checked me and I was a 9. They started running around frantically to get ready, but then I told her I was pushing. She checked me again, and I had gone to a 10 on 1 contraction. Then things got really exciting as they immediately started rolling me down the hall to the OR (all twins are delivered there in case of emergency c-section). Jon was left in the room frantically trying to get his "McDreamy" scrubs on. They also had student nurses there who had told me earlier they'd love to see twins born but doubted I'd deliver before they left at 11. Since it was 10:30 they asked me if they could watch so I said why not. I had 15 people watching me give birth! Everyone was so excited though, so it was neat and weird at the same time!

I literally thought I would give birth in the hall as I coouldn't stop pushing! I was also worried Jon wouldn't make it bc/ we'd left him behind getting dressed. Dr. Dykes got there just in time. I pushed for about 10 minutes and Will was born at 10:55. I didn't really get to see him as they whisked him away (after he peed on the doctor and nurse). Two nurses immediately pushed down on Wesley to keep him from flipping and Dr. Dykes broke his water which makes it harder for him to move and guided him down. She told me to stop pushing while she got ready, but I wasn't. He was born without me pushing 8 minutes later. I literally had no pain with either one. It was so bizarre. I felt like I was missing out on it bc/ it went too fast and seemed so easy it had to be a dream.

They showed me the babies before they left for the nursery with Daddy. That's when it took a bad turn. They couldn't get me to stop bleeding. They gave me medicine and worked for a while before it stopped. Then it started back after the doctor left(When she left she actually thanked me and said it was the most fun she'd had in a while!). I saw the worried looks the nurses were giving each other, and it was really scary without Jon there. It stopped again and I got to go back to my room. The babies came in right after me. I was having severe shakes but good besides that. Then the family and big kids came in and we got to show the boys off.

Everything happened so fast but was so wonderful. It was amazing looking at the 2 of them and how different they were! They were both 19 and 3 fourths inches. Will weighed 6 lbs 8oz and Wesley 6 lbs even. We think Will looks just like Jackson and me and Wesley looks like Ashton and Jon, which is appropriate since he's Jon Wesley. The kids loved them and were so sweet.

That's the story of the big day. I'll post again soon (hopefully) about life since then!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Oh goody! I've been checking frequently for a new post. (not that I think you should have any spare time to do it) I totally agree with you on Will looking like Jackson and Wesley looking like Ashton. I'm your dinner on Monday, I think...so I look forward to meeting them then!