Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today Is My Due Date!

Today is my due date, 40 weeks since we started on this wild journey. I wonder if I am more sleep deprived with 2 newborns or would be 40 weeks pregnant? I'm pretty happy with the former as I sit here with my 2 sweet boys laying next to me, happy and DRY (I changed 4 wet outfits in 2 hours this morning!).

We had a big event this morning. Will's umbilical cord fell off in the kitchen floor and Ashton said, "What's that?" Wesley's is hanging on by a thread, so it looks like it will be real bath night around here!

Last night when Jon finally got home from baseball practice, and I fed my 13th bottle of the day, he let me go upstairs to sleep the first shift. I just stood in the bathroom struggling with the age-old question faced by new mothers everywhere- sleep or cleanliness? I was in DESPERATE need of a bath! That is one thing that is a lot harder if not impossible with twins. "This One" or "That One" (Jon's nicknames for them :) is always asleep. I can't figure out how to carry them both upstairs while they stay asleep so I can shower! As dirty as I was, I was also about as tired as I've ever been so didn't want to give up the sleep time a shower would take! All of you living within the Spring Hill zip code will be happy to know I opted for cleanliness and even shaved (Amy).

I was telling Ashton last night to put her stamps away bc/ it was bedtime. She asked me, "Why are you always 'magging' me?" Jon swears she didn't learn nagging, or magging, from him, but I'm not convinced, though she did say she saw it on Hannah Montana!

Last night Jon took the first shift. I told him to come get me when they woke up to feed. He says he came and told me they were ready to eat and I said, "Well, feed them then," and went right back to sleep. I have no recollection of this, and, bless his heart, he went and fed them and stayed up way too long! He has been so sweet taking turns at night even though he's back at work. There's only one problem. I make 7 bottles a day for each baby. We always feed one right after the other. Yet, the last 2 times Jon has been in charge when I wake up, one baby has one more bottle than the other (their bottles are different bc/ Will uses a #2 nipple since he's a lazy sucker while Wes is a #1)! I have no idea what he does- does he forget to feed one or give one the other's bottle?

Jackson is full throttle in first grade. We've been busy studying for his first spelling test Friday! I am so nervous because he knows how to spell all the words but he's never had a test before, and I wonder if he'll get nervous or careless? Jon says I'm worried too much, but being a teacher mom means you think your child has to be the star student. I know it's wrong, but he's my only outlet for teaching!

That's what's going on around here with the 6 of us. Life is great; sleeps's overrated any way, as is a clean house! Have to sign off as dirty diapers are calling!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just In Case You Forgot,

Get all your diapers and all the formula at your local and conveinent Kroger Store,(open 24 hours) using your Kroger Card or Jon's Kroger Card, so the needs of the whole family can support your favorite trumpet player.

Ashley said...

Girlfriend... right now, dirty or not... I would opt for sleep... you can shower later... you never know if you can sleep later! HA HA HA