Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Awake and Vertical

It is 2:30 a.m., and I am wide awake. I know it is ridiculous, but I'm scared to lay down because that is when the baby likes to flip! I thought I would sleep vertically in the recliner, but every time I get sleepy I start thinking of the next 24 hours and am wide awake! I know I need my rest to give birth TWICE (can you even imagine? Me neither!). I couldn't sleep the night before I was induced with Jackson or the night I was in labor all night with Ashton, so I guess it's an unfortunate tradition. Jon has a tradition of his own: the same thing he does every night...sleep soundly! Actually, he was so sweet. He knew I wouldn't sleep so offered to sleep on the couch while I was in the recliner. I told him to please sleep in his bed bc/ he woun't exactly have a comfy bed at the hospital the next 2 nights (yes, I'm one of those wives who won't let their husbands leave them at the hospital!).

Actually, I have been having contractions every 20 minutes since midnight. If only they would get a little closer, we could go to the hospital and get this show on the road!

We had a great last "Dodd Family Fun Night" as a family of 4. We went to Chuck E. Cheese. The kids had a great time, as did all the people watching the 38 week prego ride the snowboarding game! I thought the shaking of the game would jumpstart labor a little, but all it did was make my nose itch! The kids are really excited about tomorrow. Being my children, they are most excited about the fact that I told them it was their job to take pics of everyone in the waiting room. Jackson especially is my little photog! He takes pics like Austin Powers (surely some of you get that reference?!), without looking at times and one right after the other. I love that he shares my passion, but he wants to take all the pics now and it's hard to share:(
Just in case the kids aren't crazy about their borthers, we have sone really cool gifts for them from the twins. They both get books: A's "Julias, Baby of the World" and J's "Pirates Don't Change Diapers." Then Ashton gets the Mommy Make Me Better Doll she's been begging for. Jackson is getting a neo-pet (Ashley, is that right?) and Daddy bought him his first BIG boy (no cartoon characters involved) tackle box and fishing pole with REAL HOOKS! I was so touched that Jon wanted to get his gift to show Jackon that he'd always be his big Buddy!

Wow, contraction at 16 minutes that time. Maybe I should keep blogging! I'll stop now as I know you are all just checking this to see if there are pics of the boys yet. Thanks though, writing to you has really helped pass the time!

I wish I could take my laptop to the hospital and blog everything Well, highlights anyway)- what a cool remembrance that would be! Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait for phone updates I guess! Hoepfully, I'll be in labor before you sleeping beauties even awake- unbelievable!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

It is a webkin... you can kill neopets... you cannot kill the webkins. Bay loves them.

OH and for everyone, I just visited the boys... PRECIOUS... both of them... but unless they do some changing... I think mommy and daddy are going to have trouble telling them apart.