Saturday, August 18, 2007

Formula Drive

So, breastfeeding didn't go so well. Just like the sibling they resemble, Will (like Jackson) wouldn't latch on and wouldn't wake up to eat. Wesley (like Ashton) was the exact opposite and sucked so hard he... well I'll spare you the gory details. Let's just say I started pumping to give them a chance to heal. I was pumping enough for one baby but not 2. They have been on half breast milk half formula for a week. They've done great and are already back at their birth weight! Pumping started hurting and reinjuring me. Then I realized I was spending 4 hours a day pumping! That's a lot of time for a mother of 4! After talking to several of you to get over my guilt, I've decided to quit pumping. I'm slowly trying to let it dry up- ouch!

We are using Enfamil with Lipil and Iron. The big cans of powder have gone up $5 since Ashton was little, and I am already flying through it with 2 and they only take 2 ounces now! When I was telling Kyla she said we should do a formula drive bc/ she had some free samples she had never used. I've decided with 2 babies to feed I can't be proud. I got free samples at the doctor last week and when I had to take Wesley in today for an eye infection. I had a different nurse so asked for more! Then a different doctor saw us and asked what kind of formula we werre using and brought me more. I didn't tell him the nurse had already given us some! For once, I think I made money at the doctor's office or at least broke even with my co-pay (which I don't feel too guilty over since they made me wait and hour and fifteen minutes with a newborn!).

I can't imagine how much we'll go through when they begin to use 5 or 6 a feeding! So, I am using to my blog to shamelessly ask for any coupons or unused samples you might have of Enfamil!!!! If you are really feeling sorry for me, you can even ask for samples when you go to the doctor-haha! I have several things where I can fill out for free samples and coupons by mail. I wonder if I can use the grandparents address and register for more than one? If you start getting formula in the mail I might have used yours too- just kidding! I know this sounds awful, but I'm pretty sure with all this, Enfamil will still make a tidy profit off the Dodd boys!

Both boys are asleep again, so I should like clean the house or something, which crazily enough I'm still enjoying!

No comments: