Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Case of the Missing...

umbilical cord?????? Yesterday, when I put Wesley down for his nap he had his cord hanging on by a string. When I changed his diaper it was gone. I shook out clothes, rechecked the diaper, and felt all around his bed- nothing. How gross is that? At least I don't save them in their baby books like some of you crazy people (you know who you are-AJ!).

My boys are 2 weeks old today and growing! Will weighed 6lb10oz, a gain of 4 oz in 10 days and 2oz over his birthweight. And quickly trying to gain the lead, little brother. Saturday he was at 6lbs, his birth weight. Today, 4 short days later, he was 6lb. 8 oz. A gain of 8 oz in 4 days, wow! He's only 2 behind big brother now, though he still looks much smaller than Will. In fact, Ashton was calling Will "Fat Head" tonight. Aren't big sisters sweet?

Today, when I told Ashton we were going to the doctor she wanted to know if they were getting shots. When I told her they were just going to weigh them and see how big they were she asked who was going to help them stand up (like on the scales). I thought that was so cute and a really good question! She "babysat" today. The boys were downstairs, and I ran up to take a shower giving her specific instructions to come get me if they started crying without touching them! I took a speedy shower and ran to the top of the stairs to ask her if they had cried and she said, "No, they're just perrrrrrrrrfect!" She took full credit for their being quiet due to her being a great babysitter. Perhaps I praised her too much bc/ when my mom was here both boys woke up crying at the same time, and Ashton told her she was a bad baysitter bc/ they were crying!

We had our first real get wet baths tonight (I got a horrible headache and wasn't up for it last night). Will thought it would be fun if Mommy got to tkae a bath too and hosed me down REALLY good while I had him on my shoulder!

The boys have been a little constipated being on formula. The doctor told me to put a tsp of Karo syrup in their bottles. I was just curious if any of you have ever heard of this before? It seems strange and like a lot of sugar to me. Don't know yet if it works. I'm sure I'll find out about 3a.m.!

Jackson is realizing how big out family is now bc/ his homework was to put all our names in alphabetical order. I asked him if he wanted to include the dog or not, and he said he did. Then when we got down to the twins he was tired of doing homework and told me, "I changed my mind I don't want to include them." I then had to explain that it was one thing not to include the dog, but he really had no choice about including his brothers!

We had Open House last night. It was amazing how many things Jackson's teacher does just like I did in my classroom: reading workshop, writer's workshop, grammer morning work, math meeting, individualized spelling, etc. She must really be a GREAT teacher (hee hee!). Please give me your opinion on this: while helping Jackson study for spelling I told him a little hint. This week all his spelling words and word families had a as the vowel, so he would know on his test he should only use a's. I meant for it to be a testing tip and help him notice things to help him remember and see patterns, but then it hit me that I might be undermining him really learning the words! Tricky stuff this studying!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

First of all... if you watched the cord carefully for the precise moment of fall off so you could neatly collect it in your saved button bag, you would not have this issue!!!!

Second... yep, great teacher!

Third... no you are not undermining him... you are teaching him! Now he will never forget and he has concrete understanding of how words work... I still cannot spell separate without putting "a rat" in the middle!!! Or defense without doing the cheer!

Fourth... was there a fourth??? No... just that Ashton is cute babysitting. I might need her... I do not get any help from the boys... and Jackson's ABC order... tell him at least you all don't start with W!