Monday, August 6, 2007

The End is Fast Approaching...

So, this blog has been a wonderful way to document this unbelievable journey of a double pregnancy. Now this chapter has a scheduled end which is truly just the beginning of an even more amazing (and still hard to imagine) journey. I can't wait for you to be able to check this blog to see pics of my cute boys and their big sibs!

I go in the morning for one last ultrasound (it will be my 18th for this pregnancy-wow! Let's just say I think the radiologist just bought a beach house!). I am still praying fervently that he will turn. I keep quoting the verse where Jesus says we can tell a mountain to move, but am not sure if it applies to a baby in utero! So, I have been struggling with my plan in my head for the type of birth I pictured changing at the last minute. My new favorite Bible verse is "I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you." Therefore, I'm praying for trust for this new plan which is hard for me but a great lesson to learn!

Having said that, I haven't been sleeping very well this last week! The last 2 nights I have had the craziest dreams! You know me, I'm most worried about the amount and picture quality that occurs in a c-section. So I dreamed that Jon went into the OR and brought me out a baby girl with red hair (wasn't that nice of Jon to bring the baby to me without me even being there?). Then I realized I didn't have a camera. I was screaming at everyone to go get me a camera and all the women from my scrapbook magazines were there and wouldn't go get my camera! I refused to hold the next baby until I had my camera (what priorities I have?). Then they were telling me not to move bc/ of my c-section, and I was crawling to the parking lot to get my camera! Needless to say, I WILL have my camera Wednesday!

Last night were my favorite dreams. I dreamed I was holding my baby showing my Mawmaw and she asked where the other one was. Then I realized they had forgotten to get the other twin out so I was going to have to do it all over again! Then I was carrying a baby around showing him off to everyone when I looked at him and realized he wasn't exactly the same race as me! There was a lady that, let's just say matched him better who was holding a baby that looked just like Jackson. I kept trying to tell everyone that I think they mixed the babies up, but they kept ignoring me! Then the baby started humming a song I didn't know, so I was telling everyone, "See I don'tknow that song!" Apparently the fact that he knew a song I didn't was supposed to be more convincing than the different races!

Notice how in all these dreams I've never had 2 boys! It's like even in my crazy dreams I can't wrap my mind around twin boys! It will be real soon enough! I am to be at the hospital 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning with my c-section scheduled around 9. Then (to borrow from Ashley's blog) it will be last call for Dodd party of 4 and get ready for DODD PARTY OF 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please keep us fervently in your prayers and check back as I hope to add pics as soon as possible! 39 hours and counting...

2 comments:

Shawn said...

You will be happy to know that c-section pictures turn out so great. The blue scrubs really "pop" in the pics and I think they look really handsome on the daddies.

Another great thing about c-sections is that you won't be writhing in pain from contractions while getting your epidural.

Your dreams are cracking me up. I can't believe that baby was humming a tune that you didn't know. I promise to you now that I will tell you if your baby is a different race than we think it should be.

If I think of any more tips, I'll let you know.

Heather

Ashley said...

Giggle, giggle, giggle...

I love crazy dreams... remember when I had a dream that Callan was a pile of hamburger meat with a pee-pee!!!??? ( before I knew he was a boy)

Hey... if any baby comes out humming a tune... I am sure there will be more than a missing camera around.

Praying for you girl!