Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Little Art Teacher...

I'm not sure any child's gifting has been as clear as my sweet girl's is. She has been given the gift of teaching. I can't tell you how many times I find her teaching her brothers. She reads to them, sounds out letters for them and often makes them tot school games and activities. While Jackson is good at playing with them it is usually loud and always potentially dangerous :) Yet, when Ashton is in charge I can actually get a little peace because she is so great about involving them in her play. Since we've started our new tutorial on Fridays complete with new lunch boxes and backpacks, the game of the day is going to school. These days I find the boys with their Lightning McQueen backpacks traipsing along after her. I also frequently find one of them tied to a "leash" being her puppy.
On this day of yard work, I came to the garage to find an art lesson going on:

She's so patient and sweet with them:

She even prepared the materials and made sure he made Father's Day cards for everyone!

I love seeing her sweet spirit. She often stresses out and asks me if it's possible for her to be a kindergarten teacher, nurse, art teacher and Sunday School teacher. I tell her I'm sure she can be. I should just tell her she can be all that and many more- it's called being a mom :)

No comments: