Monday, August 2, 2010

You Know You're in the Terrible Twos with Two If..." #32

you have so many of these posts you worry your friends are starting to think you are making these up!

This is going to be one of those posts, but unfortunately it is too true!

You know you are in the terrible twos with two when they wreck both your cars in one day!
No, really...

We started our day at Granda Day. The twins were playing in the shop while the rest of us were all standing inside the house talking to Grandmother. Granda looked outside just in time to see the twins go rolling by in the go cart- alone! Granda and Jackson rolled the go cart back into the shop, and we asked them how they did that. Wesley got in the driver's seat, and Will began pushing the go cart. He stopped it just at the edge of the the hill then jumped in and they went flying down the hill. When you watch them at work you start to really admire their ingenuity and team work then you suddenly, terrifyingly realize all the dangers it will allow them to get into! For some reason, we continued to let them roll down the hill over and over. Again I was talking to Grandmother when Granda told me I should probably come outside. I found Wesley driving and Will co-piloting the go cart that was stuck under my bumper. When we pulled it back I saw my car was dented and scratched in several places. Needless to say I moved my car well away from these little destructors, and this was all with the motor of the go cart off! I shudder to think what they will do when they are old enough to have the motor on!

After a fun afternoon at the creek, I had forgotten about my bumper. We were home. I was "doing laundry" (hiding in my bedroom checking Faceb**k and reading blogs) when Jon came in furious. He then told me Will had spray painted HIS TRUCK!!! Will found red and yellow spray paint and had a little art time on the door of Jon's truck and our driveway! Jon was not a happy camper to say the least. I kind of thought it was funny (shhh don't tell him!) until I walked in the kitchen door and smelled the unmistakable fumes of spray paint! I was terrified to look in the kitchen. I looked everywhere and found no spray paint, but with as strong as those fumes were I'm still expecting something to show up :)

Jon did amazingly manage to get the spray paint off with car wax although he has yet to try to help my bumper! Halfway through dinner I remembered the bumper incident and realized they had wrecked BOTH our cars in one day! Then I realized what a great blog past this would make :) Then I realized Jon was so upset he didn't take pictures so this great post would be pictureless. Then I was the mad one!

1 comment:

BlessingsAbundant said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me this on the phone. Wow!