Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh, Relaxing Saturday- Not in This House...

I just love a good cleaning on Saturday morning, except when it isn't me or Jon cleaning but two two year olds. There's nothing like hearing Jackson yell for us to come quick. Wesley had the spray bottle of vinegar going to town spraying my table. While Will, sweet Will, was spraying the kitchen floor with cooking spray. Then when he saw me coming for him he took off running, slipped and pretty much basted himself!
You know, the twins get a bad rap here on the blog so let this post be called "what-I-can't-believe-my-stinking-9-year-old-did-who-ought-to-know-better".
You see I scrubbed and mopped and got up all the cooking spray I could, but it still remained a little slick. A few hours later Jon and I were working upstairs rearranging our bedroom, and Jackson kept wanting Jon to come see his "free style area" he had set up for his remote control car. Jon finally came down to see to his horror that Jackson had noticed how his car spun on the slick part Will had sprayed. So he decided to take the cooking spray and spray a track around the entire kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!
I am mad, dumbfounded, and mad again just typing that. I mean seriously!
He spent the afternoon scrubbing the floor on his hands and knees. It is still like a skating rink in our kitchen. Jon and I keep slipping every which way. I'm 99% sure I won't be at church in the morning because I will go tearing in there to make sippy cups since we're late and probably break a leg. Isn't that all I need?

No comments: