Monday, August 3, 2009

80 Years Young...

In June we celebrated my MawMaw's 80th birthday. If you have ever been around her you will be shocked to find out her age because she looks so young but mostly because of her amazing energy. I will never forget the day that we got to her house and found her on top of her chimney using a jack hammer to tear it down! Of course, she was only 65 or 70 then! I remember hoping I would have that much energy when I hit that age. Actually, I wish I had that energy now! We have a lot in common these days as we both are the mother of 4. Of course, she has 4 girls, God bless her! Jon and I are often in awe when we are at her house and see how it is bursting at the seams with 33 people who all resulted from 4 children. To think our house will be like that one day, awesome and terrifying!


To get ready for the birthday blow out mine and Jon's job was to put together a slide show of pictures from her life. I thought it was so much fun. I loved looking at the old pictures and think Miss Norma Jean was quite a looker:








Yes, she was absolutely beautiful then, but I think the most beautiful pictures are the ones of her surrounded by her grandchildren and great grandchildren!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Betty said...

Maw Maw is one classy lady!A timeless classic! What a sweet post! I just read this verse and thinks it fits her perfectly..Children's childen are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6