Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Times 4...

Since we had such a blowout last year for the twins and since A's b-day is so close to theirs and since we had to cancel J's b-day back in March since we all had the flu, we decided to have a family party for the 4 of them together. Since, if I were to be truthful, I usually pretty much pick out what themed b-day they have. This year I thought it would be fun to take them to the party store and pick out whatever they wanted. I realized that would mean 4 different plates and stuff, but I was trying to be a flexible mom! However, when we got there the big kids decided they wanted SpBob and the babies started yelling, "SpBob, SpBob". So, a theme was born!
As usual, Daddy came through with a rocking cake:

How great is he?
Donnie made all the kids SpBob shirts. I wanted a picture of all 4 of them.
Will was nice enough at several times during the day to demonstrate what a 2 year old tantrum looks like. Wasn't that sweet?

Of course, we never miss an opportunity to pull out the waterslide:
SpBob was a busy sponge having to sport candles for all 4:

I always try to get a family picture at b-days, unfortunately Will was in the middle of a "demonstration":

Present opening was a little wild but everyone got some great loot and that's all that matters, right- just kidding!

We had a fun day although it was really crazy just like all our days! It was so fun to celebrate all my babes.

2 comments:

Betty said...

What a special day!!! Love the cake dad...and we know it really is all about the loot...I mean spending time with the ones you love!!! Happy bday Dodd babies X 4!!!

Sonja said...

Even though it happens year after year, I'm still incredibly impressed with Jon's cake decorating abilities. What a man :)