Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Boy...

My sweet Bonus Baby, how in the world can you be 2 already? There were days in the past years that I wasn't sure I would survive that did seem long, but for the most part the time has truly flown by. This year has brought so many changes. Mostly, we get to hear your sweet voice and are really learning your personality more every day. Most of this year you have been a terrible bully to your brother. You were so rough with him at times I was worried how to handle it (especially with the biting which was handled with soap to the mouth :). Knock on wood, you have gotten a little better in the last month or so. You still have your days where you wake up a bruiser, but at least it's not every day!

Here's what I want to remember about you at this age:
1. You LOVE to dance, anywhere, anytime, to any kind of music. There are times when the rest of us don't even notice there is music playing until you start breaking it down. You come up with moves we've never seen before. Your signature move was a break dancing number with head touching the ground and one leg stuck in the air. Lately, you've been preferring a new move where you play air guitar on your chest!

2. I love how you say Will's name. You seem to really keep track of him and will ask "Where's Will?" in your sweet voice and then get so excited when you see him and say, "There's Will!"

3. I love that you call your daddy Jon. Why is that and why is it so cute?

4. You gave me one of the best moments of my life this week. You were at the park with Daddy and I had just gotten there. When you saw me across the field you made Daddy put you down and you ran to me laughing the whole time. I don't think I've ever felt more loved!

5. You are OBSESSED with ba-ball. You play it all day. Every stick shape becomes a bat and every round thing a ball. If you are doing something else and Will picks up a ball, you immediately squat in front of him like a catcher (how cool will it be if you two grow up to pitch and catch together?). Whenever we get in the car as a family you start yelling "ba-ball" thinking we're going to brother or sister's games. You are addicted already!

6. To have started life as the baldest child I've ever had, you are now known for your hair. It is SO beautiful. I know it's starting to get too long and I am afraid before the year is out we'll have to cut it and your curls will be gone forever, but for now baby I run my fingers through your springy curls 100 times a day.


7. You love to read. You bring me book after book after book and sit so patiently. Your favorite right now is "Llama, Llama Red Pajama." I read it really loud on the part where he is yelling. After I get up you "read" it and I hear you talking in your yelling voice just like I did- priceless!

8. This is my view of you I hope to never forget. The funniest thing you do right now is yell at me "Ma!" in the countriest voice imaginable. You always call me Ma like we are on the prairie or something! You call Ma until I look then you usually say, "Ma, Ma, loooook Ma!" You love to show me things. I pray that never changes!
9. This is my favorite picture of you. Daddy loves it and has it as his screensaver. No one has bothered to tell you that you are the baby of the family. Whatever you see your big brothers and sisters doing, you think you can do too and run in full steam ahead. I hope you are always that brave and fearless when trying new things (I think!).

10. You are a pretty rough and tumble boy, but you have the sweetest heart. If anyone is crying you will be the first one there and will stand there patting their back long after every one else has moved on. You are generally so happy that the sound of your tears breaks my heart (you and Jackson have that in common but the other two cry way too much for it to be as upsetting :).

Wessy, I have to admit that I have a special place in my heart for you knowing you are my baby boy. It just seems to make everything you did even more special since I know it will be my last first! All the time I whisper in your ear, "Did you know you are my Baby Boy. You'll always be my baby." It's often hard to have one-on-one time with 4 kids, but you and I have a routine. You are the first to wake up and you demand that I lay on the couch and snuggle with you. If I don't you cry and cry. I love that early morning snuggle time because you go full force and are never still for the rest of the day. That is such a metaphor for how fast you are growing up, so Baby Boy I am holding on tight and enjoying every minute!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Happy Birthday Wes! Does Wes know that he is ctually "ours"? Remember the Mores got #1 and we got #2?