Monday, August 3, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...

I know all of you have been anxiously awaiting what amazing creation he came up with for Ashton's birthday this year. Well, we had talked a little about what he would do. Ashton told him she wanted a shoe because there was one on her invitations. While the girls and I were painting pottery Jon was home making the cake. When I called he told me not to expect too much, so imagine my amazement when I came home to this:

My wonderful husband made a form from a paper plate and a heel from a plastic sprinkles container and turned it into a perfect 3-D shoe- high heel no less!!!

I was amazed and so proud of him for not settling for less than his usual impressiveness even though she had told him that day that she wouldn't be upset if he just made a regular cake and drew a shoe on it! The Cake Man- no way!

As only a little girl can be- she was crazy excited by it and made every second of work worth it when she kissed all over her beloved daddy:

Posted by PicasaHis great record stands! This week we will be having a family b-day party for all 4 kids. I can't wait to see what cake he pulls out good enough for 4!

No comments: