Tuesday, August 18, 2009

# 1 You Know You're in the Terrible Twos with Two If...

I was at the sink and I heard Wesley yell "baseball" and noticed something rolling across the carpet. Now this is in no way an unusual occurrence as he plays baseball all day long. What did get my attention was the red not exactly round "ball" I saw rolling. On closer inspection I saw it was a tomato I had picked out of the garden the day before. I fearfully realized that Jon had brought in the bag full of tomatoes and left them sitting on the living room carpet. I was so scared to look around the corner and see how many tomatoes were exploded on my carpet! I looked and luckily just saw one more. I picked them both up, and they were busted but luckily didn't leak. Then I noticed both babies at the end of the couch dancing? On the hard wood in our entryway they had thrown a tomato "ball" and bust it spraying juice and seeds everywhere. Then they commenced dancing in the mess further scattering it everywhere! At least it wasn't on my carpet I guess. Obviously, I promptly called Jon and blamed him based on two facts: 1. He left the tomatoes over the gate where they could get to them (is he new here or what?) and 2. He gave them their baseball gene which encourages turning any sphere shaped object into a ball (if they took after me they'd have been rocking it like a baby or trying to teach it the ABC's while playing school).

I've decided that I probably should've asked for hardwood floors for their b-day because I don't think my carpet is going to survive!

No comments: