Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Little Princess Slugger...

Sometimes it's hard not to think of our children as ourselves as children. I never really thought Ashton would want to play baseball because I never did and don't have an ounce of ability if I had wanted to! However, she decided this season that she wanted to (helped in no small part by dressing up in Jackson's uniforms to play with daddy and the fact that Abi would be on her team.). Then I realized that she is half Dodd so maybe their great baseball genes could override my lack thereof???
She did a really good job in this her first season. I guess attending 8 seasons of Jackson's games taught her a lot!
My favorite part was seeing her long hair peaking out from the batting helmet:

She had a great coach in Mr. Aaron and was very excited to get her first baseball trophy.

Jon was only brave/smart enough to only be an assistant coach for a team including girls! Ashton was really excited that Daddy would coach her like he always has Jackson. We thought it was funny that Jackson's team had been Cpt. D's and Ashton's was McD's!

Of course, everyone knows that you really play baseball for the baseball shaped cupcakes after the last game, right?


Just like Jackson, she had an awesome fan base:
I am very proud of my girl and really hope she keeps pursuing sports! I mean the more baseball the better, right?!!!

No comments: