Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Will...

You started out life with the nickname of "Will the Pill" due to your penchant for crying and needing your own way. I am happy to say that you have gotten a little better in the past few months and are for the most part a sweet, funny boy (unless you don't get a banana the minute you wake up and then your world comes to an end!). I am so floored that you are two! It has gone by so quickly and so slowly all at the same time! You are more and more fun every day. Here are 10 things Mommy loves about you at 2:

1. I love your "where" hands. You stick your hands out to the side and ask where different things are in a cute little questioning voice. Your two favorites are "Where Daddy?" and "Where GranBobby?" I love the little look on your face when you do it.


2. Daddy and I loved your little mood tongue. We always joked that we could tell what mood you were in and how happy you were by how far your tongue was stuck out. Then you were really happy while chasing the cat with your tongue stuck out one day and fell and bit through it. Now we don't see it quite as much, but I still love that little maimed tongue.

3. I love your little voice. Some people didn't think you talked much because when we aren't home you don't have much to say. You are too busy trying to see what you can get into! You have gotten better about talking to others, but you've always talked just as much as your brother at home. Your voice is quieter and we have to work hard to make sure you aren't drowned out by the other 3, but you are always telling us things. Your favorite things to say right now are "Wor World", "Bu's Clues", "ba-ball", "nana", and "moon".

4. You are one smart cookie. Every time you see words on something or a pen or something you write with you say, "I E I E". You may only know two letters, but I think the fact that you even know what letters and writing are is impressive.

5. I named Ashton after Scarlett O'Hara not thinking about what it would be like to be that spirited character's mom. I named you after my beloved grandfather without thinking what it would be like to be his mom. You were definitely named appropriately because you have his aggravating gene. You are the most aggravating, mischievous 1 year old ever. I know anytime you cut your eyes at me and hold your mouth a certain way that you are definitely up to something.

6. Right now you love seeing airplanes. It is so cute because you call them "bees". When you see one you start shouting so loud that the other day in a parking lot a woman thought a bee was about to sting her!

7. You are baseball crazy. You play with any ball you can find like it's a baseball. If we ask you if you want to go to a baseball game your start running around frantically looking for your shoes. If you are outside you are probably wearing Ashton's pink batting helmet backwards, using a real bat and real ball (plastic balls make you mad), swinging hard then throwing the hat off and running faster than those little legs should be able to carry you! I can't wait to see where this passion will take you! 8. When you were born I described you as being familiar because you looked so much like your older brother and sister (especially Ashton). You still look like them, but you are much more petite than any of your siblings. You have your own feel, and I just relish it. You are so light and little, but when you hug my neck you hold on so tight and it feels wonderful. I have made you into my little monkey baby because I've always carried you both downstairs at the same time. I always get Wesley first because he's heavier which usually means I don't have as good a grip on you. You have learned to hold on by yourself like a little monkey. It is funny but feels so sweet!

9. Sweet son, I love that you are your own person. The other 3 can be running back and forth playing chase or something and you will sit quietly in the middle of them reading a book or doing something on your own. Of course, usually you are right in there playing with them, but I love that you can also be independent and not always a follower. Of course, if Wesley breaks into dance you always break out a few moves of your own!
10. I'm not sure I've ever seen a child who shows joy as blatantly as you do. Your eyes literally shine with happiness at times. There are so many time that I look at you and your beauty literally takes my breath away. My heart swells to overflowing with love for you on a daily basis.

Willikins, you have already taught me so much about life. Your birthday is a celebration for Daddy and I as well that we not only survived but that you and your siblings seem to be happy and know how loved you are. Being your mom is the greatest privilege of my life, and I can't wait to see how you grow and shine this year! I love you sweet boy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Happy Birthday little Will. We love you!!! THe carp girls