Sunday, August 17, 2008

70 Reasons I Loved W&W's First Birthday Party...

1. I loved we were able to have it at Grandmother's house which is just perfect for a party and has way more seating than our house would have.

2. I loved that the rain cleared up and the weather was perfect.

3. I loved that my husband learned his lesson and anchored the water slide, so we didn't have a repeat of the last accident.


4. I loved that so many people pitched in and helped get everything done.


5. As I was running around crazy trying to get everything done I had no shortage of people to love on and keep up with the birthday boys including my dad's girlfriend Kim who helped out a lot.6. I love having a true friend like poor Craig who stepped up and helped Jon man the hot grill even though he was going out to eat afterward so didn't even partake of his hard work.
7. I love that it's funny that my mom and her sister Joan look about as alike as the birthday boys :)

8. I love this picture. This scene had me cracking up: Ashton and her posse. You would've thought that it was Ashton's party because most of her best friends in the world were there. I wish I had a video of this moment when they all came walking along in a mob like a scene out of a gang movie! Too funny!
9. I love that even though Will has been a little scared of Granda lately he had his picute mad ewith him though he's keeping his eye on him!
10. I loved hanging out with my sweet friends (though I was sad I didn't get pictures of all of them) like Kyla here who knew who my daughter got for kindergarten and didn't tell me. Did I mention that already?
11. I loved Ashton got to hang out with her cousin Logan who got bested by a scooter earlier in the week. They are almost clsoe enough in age to be twins.
12. I loved Wesley wanted to get his hands on this talking baseball bat, but didn't really enjoy tearing into the packages like I thought he would.
13. I loved that everyone thought enough of our twins being individuals that they wrapped their gifts seperately or apologized for not. Who didn't? Their own parents didn't even think about it! Of course, I know this will be much more important when they are a little older.
14. I love that whenever Will is excited or trying hard the tongue comes out.
15. I loved they obviously liked the garage Jon and I got them since they couldn't even take their eyes off of it even for their picture.
16. I loved having my super organized sister there to organize the gifts, cards and fold the tissue paper, seriously. She has a problem but comes in handy :)
17. I love my favorite niece Addie, everything about her. She makes me smile.
18. I loved Eliza being there so when she married one of the twins one day it will be a sweet story to tell at their wedding.
19. I loved letting the boys get as messy as they want especially outside.
20. I loved that I finally have photographic evidence of how often Wesley pulls Will's hair. You see that red icing on Will's hair? Only Wesley had red on his hands. Wow, I feel like I should be on CSI.
21. I love that Wesley is complaining about something, and Will could care less.
22. I loved this face and that it matched his shirt so nicely.
23. I love this close up. Again, I have photographic evidence that Wesley also steals Will's food, notice the blue!
24. I loved the shirts Donnie made them. Wesleys's said, "I'm 1 too." We thought about it too late, but wish she'd made Jon and I shirts that said "I survived and I survived too."
25. I loved this naughty look because he figured out how to stand up.
26. I also loved AJ's paniced look when I was taking pictures of him climbing instead of being ready to catch him!
27. I really loved this family picture though you can see us trying ot hold them at a distance, though we still ended up covered in icing ourselves.
28. I loved that Jon twisted Wesley's hair to give him Bozo hair to match his Bozo face.
29. Even though this picture doesn't show it, I loved how Will giggled and smiled his evil smile when we took him in to show everyone. He looks so cute when he's being so naughty.
30. I loved that even though Grandmother just got out of the hospital with her hip replacemnt, since we were at her house we were able to bring the messy ones on and let her see the madness.
31. I loved that Will tried to kiss Grandmother and laughed and laughed at getting her messy.
32. I loved Donnie's blue mustache from a Will kiss.
33. I loved my idea of just rinsing the kids in the baby pool instead of leaving the party to give a bath.
34. I love Jordan being there because he and Jackson are like "peas and carrots" to quote Forrest Gump!
35. I love this beautiful face which always has a smile on it. My sweet nephew Justin.
36. I loved Ashton's cousin Alexis being there. Pretty girls.
37. I loved having all my aunts but one sick one there.
38. I loved the Cooks being at our kids' birthday party since he has been coming to Jon's birthday parties since they became friends at age 8.
39. I loved having my Mawmaw there.
40. I loved my sister Heather and her family being there to love on my babies.
41. I loved having my Mommy there!
42. I love this picture of 2 boys happy to be with their Nana and Pop.
43. I love the boys getting some Floyd love!
44. I loved that even Uncle David and Aunt J-Rae got some love as the day wound down.
OK, I'm done. Jon said he wouldn't even read 70 reasons so I'll stop now.
Why 70? Because, believe it or not, we had 70 people there to help us celebrate! Yes, 70! That number absolutely overwhelms me with how blessed we are and how many people there are that love my children!
I honestly have many more reasons to love their party, but I have one big regret. The reason we invited so many people is that we wanted to have a big blow out to thank everyone who has helped us make it through the past 1 year and 9 months. Only through the grace of God and the help of our many loved ones did we survive the pregnancy and challenges of twins. I had my speech all ready to thank everyone for their love and support and things were so busy and crazy wrangling those two through cake and presents (what else is new?) that I totally forgot.
So, to everyone who brought us a meal, drove my children somewhere, gave us diapers and formula coupons, babysat, or prayed for us: thank you. Rarely does a day go by that I don't think of your kindnesses and thank God for all of you.
So, there is our crazy party wrap up- just like everything twice as crazy and definately twice as fun!

No comments: