Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dear Wesley,

You make my heart happy in so many ways. I love this picture of us because we look so happy together. How cute is it that you are holding your jaw crooked so we can see all your teeth. Right now we are sitting across from one another eating our breakfast, looking at you I felt the need to share with the world the way you bless my world every day. To think one year ago I was mad at you because you flipped causing me to have to schedule a c-section, but then you flipped back and I sat up all night begging you to stay put (even threatening you). You came into this world way too easily, and you definately earn the distinction of being the easiest of my 4 babies to care for.



It seems crazy now that I worried so much because you didn't seem as social as your brother at first because now you are the biggest flirt when we are out in public. For the first year you were definately much easier to care for than your high maintenance brother, but I have decided you are going to be difficult on odd years and Will on even because you are such a handful right now! Just now I had to stop typing to go disengage your hand from pulling Will's hair. When I first fussed at you as I saw you going for his hair, he leaned his head toward you and laughed. Even as I had to pull your hand from his hair he laughed, this time. Usually these days, if I hear him crying it is because you are pulling his hair, poking his face, or have stolen his toy.



Sadly, I'm afraid you are quite the little (or big bully), but you're so darn cute about it. If I fuss at you or say no you laugh like I have told you the funniest joke ever and pull that much harder. Jackson fussed at you for pulling Will's hair the other day and called you a bad boy. We all froze as you said "A bad boooooy". It doesn't bode well that your first sentence is, "I bad boy!" Still, it's hard not to laugh because you can get away with so much since you possess one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen!



I think it's no secret to those of us who watched you grow from the smaller baby to being 3 pounds heavier than your brother that you like to eat. A lot of your bullying involves you stealing food from your brother. (Oh my goodness, Will is holding his head toward you again and you are pulling his hair and laughing. Another word you are good at saying is "Uh uh" and often just verbally discipline yourself!) I can't count how many times I've seen you take a bottle away from him, but the other day I saw you take it to a new level. You were drinking from a bottle that only had a couple of ounces in it, and I had just given Will a new, full bottle. I watched you crawl over to where he was eating, pluck the new bottle from his mouth, replace it with your almost empty bottle and help yourself to the full one. That's pretty devious for a 1 year old!



Your new favorite game also says a lot about your personality. While Will prefers peek-a-boo, you like the make-a-loud-noise-and-scare-people game. You will yell and laugh as long as we'll keep pretending to be scared. Your yell and your laugh are both in your really deep voice (compared to your brother anyway) that .



Well, my love I just wanted to jot down some things I love about you at this age because I know you will change before I know it. I hope you'll outgrom the bullying because I can feel the readers thinking about pulling their kids out of being in class with you! However, please don't ever change your sweet curly hair that I can't get enough, those beautiful smiles and the belly shaking laughter you have and cause. No matter how big you continue to grow, in my heart you are forever my baby boy.

1 comment:

Betty said...

We have one of those "bullies" named Nico. And-how can you be mad at him-when he is so darn cute about it and quickly says "I'm sorry, I wuv you!" Of course-2 seconds later he is up to know good, again! When does KOTK start again? Hmmm...