Monday, August 11, 2008

Reasons I'm Glad Jackson Is Back in School (A Post to Help Me Feel Better)...

Here are the reasons I keep repeating to myself why I am glad Jackson is back in school:

1. He's a stinky boy, literally at times figuratively always.
2. He plays too rough with the babies sometimes.
3. I won't have to tell him to stop playing Playstation 100 times a day.
4. He never picks anything up.
5. He can't follow directions (a chip off the old block).
6. He is the cause of the majority of earsplitting whining from 2 of his siblings.
7. I don't have to fix him 2 pb&j's. I'm SO sick of making sandwiches.
8. There won't be someone running wild in my living room.
9. It won't be my job to fight him to get him to read.
10......oh, who am I kidding? The truth is this little guy is truly my best friend in the world. My day is going to be so empty without him. His brothers are going to miss him SO much because their eyes light up when he walks in, and I will miss his help with them. The thought that he will be away from me more than he is with me seems wrong in so many ways, but I am trying to accept it. He is my heart, and it won't be complete until that big yellow bus rolls up in the afternoon besides I still have to make two pb&j's and this time at 7:30 in the morning.

I definately will have less laughs without him here during the day:
He actually let me pick his clothes out today!
I hope he is always this happy!
Ashton did not want to leave him. I honestly had to pull her away from him!
He will do great and I will adjust (with the help of blogging and scrapbooking therapy during nap time). I still miss him but am looking forward to volunteering in his classroom.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I am with you...I am missing my babies like crazy! That is until...they get home and start asking "what's there to eat?" " can I go over to soo and soo's house", "do I have to do homework right now?" and the all important question "when's dinner????"
Oh...how wonderful our world of children are!

Kyla said...

Don't worry Momma Kyla will be there if he needs anything!