Monday, August 18, 2008

And Her Teacher Is...

Yes, after much anguish and trying my best to make Kyla spill some insider info (which didn't work by the way- that woman is like Fort Knox) I had to wait until 6:00 tonight to find out who Ashton's teacher was. You could probably hear my sigh of relief and squeal of joy at your house because I got my long time friend, co-teacher and Bunco buddy Marie Fox. I had requested her two years ago for Jackson but didn't end up in her class, so it is long over due. Of course, I have the amazing gift of going to a school where all the teachers are amazing so my fretting was more because I was excited to find out so I could picture Ashton in her room. I'm sure I will be singing her praises all year long, but for those of you who don't know her, Marie is one of those people who you know is doing what God made her to do by teaching kindergarten. The highest compliment I ever heard her recieve, which carries a lot of weight in my book, was when I had kids in fourth grade who begged me to let them go visit Ms. Fox five years after they had her. I remember several of them writing about her in their journal and what a great teacher she was, so I trust that my baby is in the right hands. Besides the placement of my children has been covered in prayer almost daily this year. God put Ashton somewhere that she would get loved on and I would feel comforted. Plus, He put Jackson in a class that has live animals (guinea pigs) so he couldn't be happier! Praise Jesus!

No comments: