Monday, August 11, 2008

A Cake Review By Will and Wesley...

Wes: Well Will, we have had to wait a year, but we finally got into the exlusive eatery of The Cake Man.

Will: Yes Wes, this being our birthday we both ordered the #1, mine in blue and yours in green because those are our signature colors. Wesley: They did treat us like celebraties at least. Here we are posing with not only the chef but the hostess, the wait staff and the all-important candle-lighter. Will, in this picture you are reaching up to grab the plate. Were you that excited?
Will: Yes, I was so excited until they set the thing on fire andburst into song; let's be honest, that totally freaked me out!
Wesley: Fire or not, that didn't slow me down. I jumped right in with both hands, literally!
Will: Yes, I chose the more dignified approach of barely poking my finger in it. I think I tried one bite. I'm not a big fan, too messy! Of course, I did enjoy smearing it on my chair, on my chest, in my hair, on my eyes, and on the chef's shirt.
Wesley: My technique was more of what you'd call a hand over fist and try no to bite your fingers approach.
Will: My favorite part was threatening to throw the whole thing in the floor while laughing! On the third try I did manage to get it all over that Jackson kid when he tried in vain to catch it, good times!
Wesley: I think this picture of me pretty much gives you a clue of how I am going to review this meal. How do you spell sugar high?
Will: I guess I was alone in not caring for the meal because that cute girl one table over sure seemed happy. I think she wanted to eat my cake a few times before she got her own! She might as well had since the dog ended up eating it!
Wesley: Well, I give it 2 fists shoveled in a mouth, that's good! I plan to eat here every year and maybe even sneak in some at my bro and sis's birthdays too.
Will: I can only give it one poke with a finger, though maybe I will enjoy it more when I'm big enough to use a fork or at least learn how to lick the icing without wearing it. Still, I have to give the Cake Man some applause. I might not have dug into the cake, like some people, but I thought the bath afterward was a nice touch!
Wesley: Stayed tuned, we'll review it again next week after our party. Maybe Will will give it another chance now that he knows there will be a bath immediately following!

1 comment:

The Dodd Squad said...

This is too cute! Can't wait to see them again on Saturday.