Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bacation Ends...

I hope I haven't bored all of you too much with all the vacation details, but since I'm like 4 years behind on my scrapbooking this blog is how I plan on remembering everything when I get around to scrapbooking it thirty years from now.

Our last day we wanted to lay around and do nothing, but we ran out of formula! So, on a Walmart run we figured we might as well eat. The kids were so well behaved. We got lots of compliments from other customers. We meet more people now that we have twins. Being a horrible introvert it has actually been good for me. I especially love talking to the seniors as we did on this day when we met the sweetest little couple.

These two almost look alike in this picture. Wesley stole a breadstick, and we found it clutched in his hand when we put him in his carseat, little sneaker! We had to go swimming one last time, and Daddy got to brave the cold water this time.
I got to wrangle 2 wild boys.
They thought they were really getting away with something crawling around...
Of course, any time there is a lawn chair we have to reenact "Fabulous" from High School Musical 2! She thought she was too cool "laying out".
In between me packing frantically, which took the entire day, we played some more games like Hullabaloo and Uno Blaster, Dodd family favs.
The next morning we got up really early, packed a van like one has never been packed before and still weren't sure it would all fit, then hit the road. The trip home went pretty well considering how tired we all were.
For my twin mom readers:
Twin Mom Traveling Tips: How to change diapers in the car while your husband has taken the big kids into the yucky potty you doubt even has a changing table and you'd never use it if it did: Change one baby's diaper in the passenger seat. Then buckle that freshly clean baby into the drivers' side with the seatbelt. He will happily play with the steering wheel while you change the next baby! Enjoy!
Though it took me two weeks to recover, 3 weeks to do laundry, and over a month to blog, it really was a great family vacation!

No comments: