Saturday, July 19, 2008

One month later...

So, our 3rd day of vacation, exactly one month ago, we headed to Dollywood. Now those of you from here will remember that before Dolly rolled in it used to be called Silver Dollar City. Silver Dollar City and I go way back. As a child I loved me some saloon girls there, scary huh?

For some crazy reason I feel compelled to tell you something that happended there when I was a child that scarred me for life. I will probably regret sharing this as soon as it is out! I was barely older than Ashton and was riding the train around where they have little historical scenes set up. I had to pick my nose and as a child I wasn't a flicker (not that I am now) I was a wiper. Come on now, everyone knows you were either one or the other or the highly secretive, extremely disgusting third type, the eater! Therefore, I unashamedly admit to being a wiper. Anywho, I had just wiped a find under the seat on the train when it suddenly screeched to a halt. A man dressed as a sherriff jumped on the train, drew his gun and said, "I know what you did!" Well, my little heart just about stopped beating. I honestly thought he was going to shoot or arrest me for wiping a boogie! Unfortunately, I hadn't seen that there was a man dressed as an outlaw sitting behind me! They continued their little skit, and I just sat there, relieved, and vowing never to wipe again! Like I said, Dollywood and I go way back!

So, we loaded the family up and headed to Dollywood hoping they wouldn't do anything to cause them to get shot!

Girl hug waiting for the trolley... Doesn't he look thrilled to be getting some mommy love?
I adore this picture of these two!
Here we were dry waiting to go on the river rafting ride!
The boys who we would later decide were bad luck to sit beside as every waterfall seemed to target them! Of course, later we learned that part of the wetness we got was from my mom and Donnie shooting us with water guns from the side!
Why is he so much happier with daddy?
Poor, sick Will in a happier moment with his Gram. Considering how they were feeling, the babies did so good and it was awesome to have my mom and Donnie who don't like to ride rides watch the babes so Jon and I could ride everything because we love us some rides! Jon and I got to ride the mining roller coaster by ourselves, and it was awesome. I've never spun that many ways, if only we could have talked someone else into getting on it. Maybe next time???
Forget all the rides, Ashton was E-C-S-T-A-T-I-C to play in these water spouts. Seriously, she was so giddy that I even heard strangers commenting on how much that little girl was enjoying herself. I wish we had spent more time there but our day was winding down at this point.
To rest we all hopped on good ole Katie, the steam engine.
This is me when Ashton and I were riding kiddie rides in the fair section. She obviously wasn't too thrilled to be riding the kiddie coaster, but we persevered.
Once it started, she loved it. Here she is on her second of three rides giggling with Jackson.
The boys plus Ash rounded out the day with a bumper car ride which was really fun to watch.
All in all, our day was so much fun. It was great to spend a day there with our family and not even have a heart attack.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

got a good giggle out of your booger story. Ha! It was really brave of you to disclose such information on the www.