Saturday, July 5, 2008

Commence Praying for Me the Next 14 Years...

Out of the mouth of my apparently way-too-spoiled, way-to-grown-up daughter...

Yesterday, when she put on a dress she usually wears with a turtleneck in winter:
A: "Mom, I'm gonna wear this dress to Publix so I can look both pretty and hot."

Me: (trying to presume she didn't mean what I thought she meant, "I don't think you'll be hot without the turtleneck."

A: (with a big, long-suffering sigh about how un-hip her mom is) "No, mom, not that kind of hot. Hot like cool."

How does she know that? Please tell me how Paris Hilton speak made it into my daughter's vocab?

Today as we worked together trying to clean the garage (anyone need baby equipment, see me:)

Me: "Hey, Ashton would you like to sweep for me?"
A: (another long sigh over mom's apparent stupidity) "Mom, pretty girls don't sweep."

What? Seriously, pray for me.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Wha? Hu? D?
I'm not ready...not ready, I tell you!

I hear the Quaker life isn't so bad...move to Lawrenceburg anyone?

Sonja said...

Of course pretty girls sweep!! Hasn't she seen Cinderella??????

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud!