Monday, July 7, 2008

"Bacation" Part 1...

OK, it has taken me over 2 weeks, but I think I have finally recovered enough from my "bacation" to be able to blog about it. The b in the spelling is in honor of how Ashton has always said it. The quotes are what's really important. See, I had this what I now realize was extremely unrealistic dream of what our vacation would be like. I just didn't realize that vacationing with 4 kids, 2 into everything twins wouldn't really be that relaxing. We got to go with my brother, mom, stepdad, and Donnie. Everyone was great and so helpful. If it hadn't been for their help Jon and I would have packed up and gone home about day 2 or 3, because BOTH the twins were sick. They were running a fever before we left, but we thought they were just teething. However, the fevers persisited and especially Will was miserable. We finally took Will to the doctor Wednesday when he awoke with a fever of 103.6 and had a horrible cough. After experiencing Seviervillle's finest pediatrician, he was diagnosed with bronchitis and an ear infection. My poor, miserable baby.

Anyway, on to the high points, we left for our vacation Saturday morning. We got to our awesome cabin about 6. It had 3 stories. Gram and GranBobby slept downstairs where the hot tub and game room with pool table also were. The main floor was kitchen, living room, awesome whirlpool tub and our bedroom. The twins "slept" in the hall in their 2 pack-n-plays. Again, more quotes because between fevers and new beds there wasn't much sleeping going on.

That night we went swimming in the indoor swimming pool and all pitched in to cook a great steak dinner. Wesley was ready to be fed. Will in one of his rare happy times.
The next morning was Father's Day so I got up to cook breakfast in bed for my sweet husband and GranBobby breakfast with Donnie's help. When the kids and I all went in to serve Jon breakfast in bed, we were a little overwhelmed by having 4 children, wow. We're still amazed by our many blessings!
Ashton was so excited about Father's Day. She had been saving a special outfit to were that day for over a week. She also wanted to decorate the cabin and didn't understand why the cabin wasn't equipped with streamers. So, she decided to accesorize Daddy instead!
She then turned her gift to Tyler and Jackson...
A patronizing Wesley...
And a confused Will...

So there's "bacation" part 1, stay tuned...

No comments: