Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fancy Nancy Slumber Party...

One week ago, yes I'm that late, Ashton had her 3 BFF's over for a Fancy Nancy slumber party. If you're not familiar with the Fancy Nancy books you should read them whether you have a girl or not because they're too cute! So, we decided to have a fashion slumber party blow out. Everyone was greeted at the door by Ashton's concert poster...

My mom got her this runway for Christmas. When you walk out the front curtains music starts and the runway lights up. The banner at the top says "fashion show" then when you run out of outfits (we were to learn later that that apparently never happens) you can switch the banner to read "rock concert". It is so cute. So, we set the living room up for a fashion show.

I know the world is waiting to find out what kind of cake the "Cake Man" came up with for such a girlie night.Without further ado, I give you the purse cake...

Before a fashion show, every model must have a make-over and boy was I ready. I had a little tote with all the tools: glitter nail posish, glitter hair spray, body glitter, and glitter make-up. These divas demanded nothing less...
I LOVE my husband for taking these awesome mirror shots because you see in their little faces how they see theirselves...
Quitesential Chloe...
Me liberally applying body glitter...
Abi only wanted a braid, but she did opt for some glitter...
Ashton "rockin' out the show"...
Sweet Mia who didn't understand why crazy Mrs. Tonya kept taking pictures of everything...
This is the outfit they chose to go out in. Chloe the cheerleader...
Abi opted for a dress but can really bust a cheerleading pose...
Mia was rockin' the model pose...
I'm not sure what look Jon was going for here, maybe that he's just one of the girls?
I adore these sweet girls...
This is one of my favortie pictures...
The teacher in me had to read them the Fancy Nancy book so they would understand the party theme. You see in the book they get dressed up and go eat at the King's Crown. So, we got dressed up and went to eat at Burger King...
I even got a little fancy with my pink boa...
I'm pretty sure we were the fanciest people to ever dine at Burger King...
Ashton loved her b-day crown and button that Mia gave her...
After dinner it was time for the fashion show to end all fashion shows. This is just a SMALL sampling of the pics I took. Finally after about 30 minutes, I told them I was done announcing and taking pics because they would've gone on all night and still kept playing while I got the cake ready. Aren't they F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S?



We had to set a fancy table for such fancy girls...
This is my favotire picture of the night, the girls with their pink ice cream cups complete with sprinkles, of course!
My goofy girl who will do anything for a laugh took about ten minutes to blow out her candles becasue it made her friends laugh...
She was a wild woman by the time it came to opening presents. You know I am ALL about the theme so she got Fancy Nancy gifts (yeah Target! and thanks for the tip HH). She loved the posh puppy...
She was thrilled by her Barbie pool from Mia...
She decided to tackle Chloe after opening her dress...
Unfortunately for Abi, Ashton loved the pj's she gave her...
After much debate over who was going to be on the tall blow up bed and who was going to be on the short one, I geniusly decided to turn the tall one sideways and stick them all on it! Abi, the little momma, was so sweet telling Mia that she would take care of her if she got scared. She even told her she was going to go to sleep now but to wake her up if she got scared, so sweet! When Jackson had his sleepover, Jon slept on the couch with the boys because he has to take care of the boys. He was giggling reminding me of that rule that I had to sleep on the couch this time. I had the last laugh reminding him that we only have 1 daughter whereas, he'll be sleeping on the couch 3 times! Everyone settled down easily, except me who woke up every time any of them moved!
I'm sad that this isn't the best picture, because our tradition is to make cinammon rolls in the shape of their age. Five is not thte easiest...
And now for the best part, we scrapbooked! I printed pictures off from the night before. Wonderful Donnie found these cute scrapbook kits in a circle tin. I loved doing this with the girls...
Chloe liked doing it but wanted to take it home to finish it with her mommy...
Abi wasn't sure at first but once I helped her get started, she took off...
Miss Crafty loved this and got into the rub-ons...
My sweet little scrapbooker would have done this all day long (chip off the young block:)
Donnie also made us all these cool craft aprons with our names on them that fold into bags to carry how supplies. Are we cool or what?

Jon was proud of himself for putting together a Barbie pool...
Every fashionista knows you must put on your own bathing suit to take your Barbie swimming...
These girls were awesome. While we scrapbooking Ashton said, "Mommy, this is the best day of my whole life." Is that fancy or what?

3 comments:

Kyla said...

What an amazing party Tonya! wish I was 5!!!!

Shawn said...

that is so cool....john, you fit right in!

-shawn

Shawn said...

Awww, I wish I knew you girls when I was 5!

Great party, Tonya!