Monday, January 14, 2008

Conversation with My 6 Year Old...

J: "Let me teach you something about life."
Me: "OK? Teach me."
J: "People say there's no such thing as super powers, but that's not true. I mean, can you climb a tree if you needed to?"
Me: "Uh, maybe. I guess if I needed to."
J: "See, people can climb trees. Not all animals can do that. That's a super power."
Me: "What's my super power?"
J: "Maybe being speedy? (He didn't say at what?) My super power is seeing through things. If you were behind a mirror I could see you. Ashton's super power is definately yelling!"
Me: "What do you think Wesley's is?"
J: "Wesley's is pooping and Will's is pooting."
Me: "Well, at least they make a good pair."


A few months ago I actually asked Jon how would we know if Jackson had super powers. How did Clark Kent's parents first discover he wasn't just imagining? Jackson about had me convinced that night that he could see through things. He was telling me what was behind my head and seemed so sure of himself and his super power. I was really starting to wonder...

After having this nice long converation with him tonight (I edited a little where he went into his techinical explanation of how he does his eyes to see lines of different colors) I realized that his REAL super power was getting out of bedtime since I had already sent him to bed and he came down to get milk and "teach me something about life", and I fell for it!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Mia describes a time when she was younger and flew around the house while we were all asleep. She desribes it the EXACT same way every time and gets very serious when she talks about it. It FREAKS Shawn and me out!! And to top it off, I overheard her telling Ethan about it the other day. Once again, she was very serious and described it the same way. I wonder if she and Jackson are saving the world at night!!