Monday, January 14, 2008

Hi, My Name Is Tonya Dodd and I'm Addicted To...

Webkinz! For those of you who don't have kids old enough to be into Webkinz yet, they are cute stuffed animals that come with a code. When you enter it on their website, they become a virtual pet. You have to feed it, decorate its room, play games, oh the fun never ends! Unfortunately, I'm addicted. After the kids go to bed at night, I am usually playing their Webkinz. It's gotten so ridiculous I even planted a garden and water and weed it every night. OK, actually I planted 3! Jon says I have a real problem when I'm up playing past 11! My kids love them too. The most effective punishment in our house right now is to put their Webkinz in time-out. Sadly, when they can't play their Webkinz I get online to feed and care for their pets. Why should the innocent pets suffer just bc/ the child misbehaved? So, now you know my guilty pleasure (I know there are more moms out there lurking in Webkinz world. It's not kids logging on at midnight with me). See the cute picture with me and my 14 grand-Webkinz!
Ashton even dresses in her best attire to play hers: Sharpay dress, Wonder Woman gold belt, Ariel crown, Easter bunny socks, and pink lay. Can my girl accessorize or what?
The sad part is addicts pass on their addictions to their children. In this case at 4 months! Hey, the babies need more tummy time so what better way than hanging out with sissy and bubba playing some games! They actually like this. Usually they cry during tummy time.

The kids racked up at Christmas. Ashton got 6, so now she has 7! Do you think she likes them?
Jackson got 5 and couldn't be more excited. Added to his previous 2, he now has 7.
Thank goodness, they now have the same number! All kidding aside, Webkinz are really great. They have really learned a lot from the games and having to take care of soomething. Not to mention, budgetting their money. It's funny to see how a boy and a girl play differently. Jackson mostly wants to play the games. He hoards his money and won't spend anything if it makes his total go below 3 thousand! He also is really learning math by adding up his totals and subtracting it from his amount, all in his head! He's learning to save up his money for something big. Then there's Ashton. As soon as she gets 1 dollar, she spends it! She only wants to decorate her house and shop for new clothes. She really wanted to buy a yard, so I tried to earn her some money. She kept spending it and couldn't grasp the concept of saving up for something! She has really learned a lot too. She can manipulate that website like nobody's business. I think she can use the computer better than a lot of adults! Any way, we love our Webkinz. Jon and love that they are the cheapest toys they got and what they love the most!
Let the crazy fun continue, and I'll try to work on my addiction, maybe!







1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wheel of Wow will earn you money or for Ashton clothes...

Also the Wishing Well... and easy money getter...

Baylor is over 25, 000 and won't spend a dime!