Friday, January 11, 2008

I think I'm being drugged!

So, most of you know that Jon is out of town on a 4 day hunting trip. I think he's drugging me! First, to the surprise of all, I agreed to let him leave me and 4 kids for 4 days. Secondly, I haven't been upset about him leaving besides the fact that I'm really going to miss him. Thirdly, the night before he left I cooked his favorite meal, and we were treating him like he was leaving for charitable work instead of fun! I couldn't even believe how laid back and not upset about it I was either, so I accused him of drugging me! Of course, in the interest of full disclosure (and because I know it will be on his blog when he gets back), he did arrange for his mom to watch the kids so I could go to Bunco and for the big kids to spend the night at Donnie's tonight. In addition, I agreed as his birthday gift (his birthday is Tuesday!). Plus, he felt so guilty for leaving us that I milked it all week with comments like, "Since I'm going to be all alone it would help if you gave the babies their bath. I'll be so stressed out with the kids by myself if the house isn't clean!" So, 24 hours in, and I'm actually enjoying it. It's nice being kind of to myself (the twins are alseep right now). Of course, those nice feelings probably won't last all weekend. I'm admitting up front that I'm not brave enough to bring them to church by myself. I wouldn't even know how to get them in the doors! I feel so guilty about that, but they've been sick so I don't really feel comfortable taking them to the nursery. My poor Sunday School who has had to listen to us teach for the last 2 weeks with babies in tow and those who sat around us in big church when we had to leave a dozen times, will probably be glad I stayed home! So, here I sit with Will waking up, dreaming of them cooperating and being able to even scrapbook tonight (probably wishful thinking). Pray for me :) When Jon left I told him, if you are drugging me PLEASE just keep it up until you get back!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Could you please pass the drugs... as your hubby took mine with him but forgot to dose me up!!!