Thursday, January 24, 2008

You Know You're a Mom Who Grew Up in the 8o's If

First, a little background. I'll do ANYTHING to get Jackson to do his homework with minimum griping or to make it a little fun. I wish I had a camera on me. More than any other time of day it is when I feel the most frazzled or like the biggest super mom on the planet! I am usaully sitting at the kitchen table with at least 1 baby in my lap bouncing or taking their bottle, talking to another baby in his exosaucer so he knows I'm around and praising Ashton for her "homework" or begging her to be quiet for 30 seconds so Jackson can think! Anyway, back to the title. I got so tickled at myself last night when I realized, you know you're a mom who grew uo int he 80''s when you find yourself singing rewritten Poison (I'm pretty sure) to your 6 old to help with his spelling. After having bribed him with gum (don't knock it until you have kids in school!) to get him to the table, he spelled first without the I. Last night we had already talked about every word needing a vowel. So, I came up with a song, "Every word has a vowel, just like every q has a u" (They're learning q's this week.) sung to the tune of "Every Rose Has a Thorn". Please pause here and sing it yourself, you know you're humming it anyway! As if that wasn't desperate enough, I wasn't singing it but rather Will was with a little help from me moving his mouth. This was Will's follow up to his Billboard hit duet with Wesley to help Jackson remember on his spelling test sentences, "Capital letters and Punc, punctuation." I need to publish an album, obviously. It would include other great hits like "The Address Rap" and after he used 100 Legos to build SpongeBob Squarepants for 100 day celebration, "Who lives in a shoebox on Jackson's desk, SpongeBob lego pants, who's made of 100 Legos is he?" Well, you get the idea. I guess I should sign off now. I'm sure I'll soon be getting numerous calls from record producers now that I've revealed my secret song writing genious! Or, Will and Wesley will be getting calls for bookings in kitchens throughout the Hill!

No comments: