Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

In an effort to avoid folding more laundry, I thought I'd post things I realized about myself while folding laundry:

1. Update: I am doing as some of you suggested and washing every person's laundry seperately. It is SO much easier, and I highly recommend it. It saves the sorting time. However, while folding my laundry I was depressed by the fact that they were ALL pajamas! Apparently, that is all I wear! What a change from my working days of skirts and sweater sets (you teachers out there will appreciate the sweater sets)!

2. I have lost my inner child: I can't play dollhouse for more than 5 minutes! I used to play for hours and now after 5 minutes in which I more reorganize furniture and brush doll hair rather than use my imagination, I'm done. Of course, it doesn't help that when I do get into it and use my imagination Ashton says, "No, say this..." Regurgitating imagination is really not fun. As Jon put it after having a Daddy-daughter day Saturday, "Playing dollhouse is hard! When will you be home?" My daughter will make a good wife someday because, aside from being bossy, she can guilt trip with the best of them. "Mommy, why can't you spend some time with me and play dollhouse. You never pay me any attention." Seriously, she tells me that, and I fall for it!

3. Remember on Willy Wonka when he invented gum that had a 3 course meal? Or have you seen the spaghetti noodles with 7 grains and Omega 3's added? Why can't someone do something like that for Goldfish crackers? That would solve most of my dinner struggles and unhealthy food guilt. Not to mention solve the unmentionable bathroom troubles!

4. I love Ashton taking ballet and visiting with the moms there, but I dread Thursdays. It is a logistical nightmare for me! First it takes me over an hour to get everyone dressed and ready for a 1 hour class. I know that sounds like a copout or laziness, but it is so HARD to take the twins out. They are too heavy to carry and what do I do with them for an hour? If it wasn't for my savior Pamela who holds/feeds/carries 1 every time I don't know what I'd do, and now she's had the nerve to create her own baby and leave me high and dry! Just kidding! No wonder I only have pajama laundry, I'd much rather stay home than go anywhere. I know some of you are thinking I'm reverting to my introvert tendencies, but it takes me at least 3 trips to the car to get us all loaded and then again to unload, and it's cold! Sorry, done whining now!

I have to go now! It's within an hour of ballet time, and now I'll be pushed to make it. Besides, ringing in my ear over and over as I type this, "Mommy aren't you going to watch me play dollhouse?" Sorry for the boring post. Thanks for giving me an excuse to avoid laundry, dollhouse, and outing preperation.

No comments: