Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Year in Review

I'm a little late in reflecting on the year since I was trying to catch up on Christmas. Yet, I have been mentally reflecting on it for a few weeks. I have never been so energized or excited about a new year, because I need to figuratively put 2007 behind us. That sounds awful since one of the happiest events of my life happened with the birth of the twins. On the up side, I doubled the children I have to love. I realized how blessed I am with great friends who fed my family for 3 months when I couldn't and shuttled my children around. I have learned that miracles are happening every day when I brought 2 full term, perfectly healthy babies with perfect hearts home from the hospital 2 days later. I have learned a mother's heart can increase exponentially and never run out of love to give. I have watched my firstborn ask Jesus into his heart and be baptized. I have watched a little girl grow more beautiful each day, inside and out. I have seen an incredible husband work all day only to come home and care for 2 kids, a house and a helpless wife without complainng, even once. I have seen 2 babies supposed to be just alike be complete individuals whom I love in their own unique way. I have seen 2 extremely brave aunts successfully fight breast cancer. I have been taught to appreciate any day that you're able to be vertical and care from your family!


Still, after being on bedrest for 8 weeks, in the hospital 8 times, unable to take care of my children and missing so much of their lives, confronting the fear of breast cancer, worrying about not being able to carry my babies to term, having to hear there is a problem with your unborn baby's heart, suffering through gall bladder attacks and emergency surgery, and lots of exhaustion and setbacks I need 2007 to be over. I feel so hopeful for this next year. For one thing, I have physically felt so much better after having my gall bladder out and recovering from a hard pregnancy. I also just feel so content. I finally feel in my heart that my family is complete. now it's time to settle in and enjoy them! I have made several resolutions that I am pumped up about to make this the best year ever!

Personal Resolutions:
1. Scrapbook at least 1 new layout a week
2. Be more organized


Family Resolutions:
1. Watch less TV
2. Eat healthier


Jon and I's Resolutions:
1. Read through the Bible
2. Survive 2 mobile babies!


But enough about me. Let's reflect on how far Jon came in this last calendar year.


That is him in the doctor's office when we had just found out we were having twins, and I had to ask the nurse if she knew CPR, because he looked like he might need it (this look returned numerous times in the next 9 months and still does when things get a little crazy but at least less frequently now).
Here he is a year later, the proud dad of 4 who, for all his blustering, wouldn't change a thing (I think?), the most amazing husband and father God has gifted me with. One whom, God willing, I will spend this new year and many, many more sharing our lives together.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Well said and Happy New Year!