Monday, December 22, 2008

Warning: This Post Has More Venting Than a Volcano...

Sorry, for the dorky title, but we are getting ready to kick off a study of volcanoes around here so I guess I have it on my mind.

Here comes the venting: I really try to be a positive person, but my cup feels empty not half full right now! For those of you who don't know, I finished my job only to have surgery to be followed with the most painful "complication" of my life which required more surgery. I was down and unable, again, to care for my children for 3 weeks. Now I am finally up and getting things accomplished and now we're all down with a multitude of sicknesses:

First, I had to go pick Jackson up at school Thursday because he threw up. I felt so awful for him because it was his last day in that class and to have that as his last memory made me so sad! Then I thought he was better until about midnight Saturday when he started with round 2!

Wesley has not been feeling well since Friday, but today we all woke up miserable. I remember crying in my sleep last night because my throat hurt so bad. Wesley and Will were burning up so I got them a doctor's appointment. Two hours of constant crying later, we made it to the doctor's office. They said Will had strep throat, and they thought Wesley had pneumonia. THREE hours and one awful experience of getting an X-ray on a 17 month old later, he didn't have it. He did have something like RSV so he needs breathing treatments. They are also both being treated for strep throat. I am currently being fussed at to go to the doctor by Jon, and Ashton has an awful cough which she told the doctor, "I'm not sick, I just like to make this coughing noise."

So, here is my venting: when do I get to feel better? It's Christmas. I spent Thanksgiving in the emergency room, do I have to spend Christmas with me and my babies sick too? I remember a Christmas when I was 10 when I was sick and it haunts me still. It is so sad to be sick at Christmas! The twins are at an age where Santa is going to be so fun for them, and I so want them to feel good! Say a prayer that Jon is as we speak picking up the world's most powerful, effective, works in less than 24 hours antibiotic!

5 comments:

Sonja said...

Yuck. I'm feeling your pain. Rhett was in the ER on Tuesday night with dehydration from vomiting and diarrhea and I thought we were all better until this morning when he decided to start throwing up again. Cade and Grant just finished with Fifth's disease....nasty rash but I'll take that any day over vomiting!!! Here's to a big "get well" to ALL of us!!!

Fireman Max said...

God bless you guys! You sound like us. There are many kids sick right now and although last week Emily was getting over a "good" cold then Katelyn started with a few sniffles which today at the doctor we found out she has an ear infection and is once again on antibiotics. I wish you guys a very Merry Christmas and hope your "Christmas" drugs work like you hope they do :)

Ashley said...

I think we might all be in the same boat this year (if it helps that misery loves company). I think I utter the phrase "What will it feel like to feel good again?" at least once a day to Brent. I am sorry that I have not been a help to you, but then again I am not much help for my own right now.

We are on victim #2 of the stomach bug and have already cancelled with my extened family for tomorrow (and missing the office fish fry today which I was kind of looking forward to)

Betty said...

Yikes!!! I hate to hear all of this sickness/sadness going on over at the Dodd home! We hope that Santa hears your requests and sends for a very STRONG dose of WELLNESS to your home! We miss you all, and we do wish you all a Very Merry Christmas full of love, laughter, joy and HEALTHY days ahead for the new year,too!!!

XoxO,
THE ApPlEs

Kyla said...

I am so sorry my friend.....are you guys feeling any better??? You have 24 hours before santa comes...maybe he will put healthy stuff in your stockings.