Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Day...

After Santa we head to my Mawmaw's for my favorite meal of the year! I am so glad that I was able to get photographic evidence of the Polk men cooking:

Meanwhile, the Floyd men were apparently there just to look cute, and my brother did look nice all dressed up in his new clothes.

Of course, GranBobby thinks he's always there just to look nice :)

Our rule is that you get to bring one thing that Santa brought you to show your cousins. I remember as a child being so excited to see what he brought Christopher. Ashton brought her new make-up studio and gave she and Alexis makeovers. Can anyone guess what toy Wesley brought?


Then bring on the food: the perfectly prepared country ham and homemade biscuits with butter and Ka'ro syrup. I can't talk about it too much since I have to wait a year to get it again!

Then we head up the road a bit for the Dodd family Christmas. This is my favorite picture because Wesley and Pop are just too cool kicked back on the stairs. Wesley may even be texting his BFF or heaven forbid his GF. Nah, he was probably sending out pictures of his vacuum cleaner!

I believe this was the first gift I bought this year. Fancy Nancy is Ashton's all-time favorite book, and I knew my sweet niece Addie was definately Fancy Nancy material.Again this year Nana and Pop were treated to a calendar and a year's worth of cuteness.
Jackson was thrilled with the Webkinz he got because now he can get an underwater room for his fish. For those of you not in the know, that is a really cool thing.
I don't guess anyone loved their gift more than Princess David and his princess shoes, awww!
I wonder what Wesley was doing while everyone was opening gifts? Oh yeah...
I don't know how Addie can look just like her mom and yet remind me so much of Ashton. Those Dodds sure make some pretty girls I guess:

Since his daddy is a firefighter Logan played his Imagine'xt firestation with all the correct lingo. I got so tickled as he raced off to a "structure fire".
Gazing out the window had me tearing up. That is my baby boy out there who is somehow big enough to play with the men. And they weren't just humoring him (well, not too much anyway) he was big enough for a real game! Of course, I had to dry my tears to run outside to dry his since he got hurt by his own dad who was also his teammate. I don't know which was sadder getting taken out by his beloved dad or a teammate who is supposed to be on your side??
So, another busy Christmas in the books and already praying for good health for next year and wondering where in the world I'm going to put all their stuff???
Posted by Picasa

No comments: