Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas with My Mom...

We start out our Christmas festivities at my mom's. She outdid herself with dinner this year. It was wonderful. The boys really thought they were big sitting without their boosters.



Wesley loved her green beans and his first time eating with a fork.

I told you he loved them, so much he even wore them.

Will took advantage of us all watching Wesley and the green beans to sneak into the gifts. I love that guilty look. Hey, I wonder if htey planned that all along, "I'll distract them with beans on my nose, and you go get some loot. We'll meet by the couch later and split it."
This face sure looks like he was guilty and trying to cheese his way out of it.
My mom always used to read us a great book on Christmas Eve, so this year she found us a great one to read.
My mom decided to give us some tools for homeschooling music class.
Mom also started a new tradition this year of giving us all new pj's. We were so excited to change into them, get some cake and watch a movie. This year's feature was "Horton Hears a Who." Our favorite part was that Steve Carrell's character was Mayor McDodd, but they called him "Odd McDodd" and he had tons of kids!
I think here Will is saying, "I am in my new ball pit eating all the cookies I want. Christmas rocks!!!"


Even my baby brother, who is unbelievably a senior this year, got into his jammies.
I kept hearing a little voice saying, "There's still one more gift under the tree."

At our family some kind of throwing fight always erupts. Usually it is balled up gift wrap, but this year they conveniently had the balls from the baby's ball pit. Here Jon was "dancing" but then began dodging balls from Jackson and Ty who had ganged up on him.
We had a wonderful night as usual. We were doubly blessed to have such a great Christmas with my mom since everyone got sick the next day!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: