Friday, December 26, 2008

Another Tradition, Check...

Like most moms, I have certain Christmas traditions that I stress out about if we don't get them checked off each season. Due to our puny constitutions this year there were a couple we didn't get done like Christmas cards, making reaindeer food and homemade gifts for the grandparents, but who's counting. Oh yeah, me. It's what I do.
One tradition we have almost always done since I was in high school is going to see the lights at Opryland. I really tried to get out of it this year. We went to Bass Pro Santa and then the Grinch on Ice hoping they wouldn't care about the lights after that, but being my kids they were heartbroken becaue we go every year. So, being a sucker we went even though we were already stressed and exhausted.
We got a few cute pictures, and I'm glad traditions are important to my kids but that place is not stroller friendly, at all! I can't believe they haven't been sued over their non-handicap access. Not to mention, it is big. Since our kids have been taken there since birth they know all the different parts and don't let you skip them. Jon and I were laughing because 3 nights before that he and I had spent the night there alone (amazing huh?) and this was an entirely different experience. When I walked the entire Delta twice because I had the stroller and couldn't get to where he and the kids were, I forgot all happy check-it-off-my-yuletide-list thoughts and sent him to get the car-stat!
Of course, the car was 2 miles away because we had already dropped a fortune at the Grinch and weren't about to pay $18 parking. Therefore, the kids and I had time to go check out the huge Christmas tree. Ashton and I thought this looked funny like a giant hairbow (there are some Hairbow Mafia members getting some bad ideas right now). I'd also like to point out her shirt I bought that said, "Santa's Favorite". I figured the poor girl is so outnumbered she needs all the extra attention she can get. However, I had no idea how upset Jackson would get over it. He complained every time she wore it!
This picture not as cute...
There you have it, another big stressful check in the ole' holiday book. We have decided that maybe this should be an every other year tradition. Next year I'd rather stay home and make reindeer food, with bird food and glitter all over my kitchen and all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: