Friday, December 26, 2008

The Last Week of School...

should have been relaxing for me since I was finally feeling better, and it was the last week the big kids would be at school and I could nap! Instead, they had events that I had to attend every day. Which translates into getting the twins in and out of their stoller way too much! Why couldn't at least 2 be on the same day? I felt like I was working there again, without the pay.

First, was gingerbread building with the kindergarten. It was fun. The twins even tried to steal a few sweets.

This is her home project of a gingerbread girl we enjoyed doing curtesy of Mommy's scrapbooking supplies.

I was very excited about the next day's event. Jackson had to write his first biography report, and we talked him into choosing Elvis. We had so much fun researching it, interviewing Donnie about her obsession, and watching his videos on You Tube to learn some of his moves. Jackson did a great job and of course ended with "thank you, thank you very much".
Back to 2nd grade again for Jackson's Chrismas party. It was hot and crazy. Jackson said he didn't feel good, but I thought he was just upset it was his last day. In hindsight, I probably should have listened :)
We are really going to miss Mrs. Cowan, Jackson because she is an awesome teacher and me because she has become a good friend.
Finally, Friday was time for Ashton's party. We had a lot of fun. Ashton played musical chairs and made reindeer food.
Posted by Picasa

That wonderful Ms. Fox could not have picked out a more perfect gift for Ashton. She was ecstatic over her art set.

Thankfully, I don't think Ashton fully realizes she won't get to see Ms. Fox every day. I am fully prepared to hear 1,000 times, "I miss Ms. Fox." At least Ms. Fox and I are friends so maybe I can invite her over for dinner or something. I told her Ashton would have to go through "Fox Detox", funny huh?

So, it wasn't exactly the relaxing week I wanted. In fact, it was awfully sad as we had to say goodbye to so many people. We are planning on making frequent visits back to the ole' retreat. In 4 days in fact to return these stinky guinea pigs we're babysitting, but that's another story for a more bitter day.

No comments: